Q: What is Global Music Radio?
A: Have you ever wanted to listen to radio stations of another country but didn't know what to search for? Global Music Radio provides the largest directory of live streaming radio stations searchable by location. With over 150 countries, you can search for radio stations by region, country, and (in some cases) city.
Q: Which Operating Systems Support Global Music Radio?
A: iOS 4.2
Q: Global Music Radio does not work on my device. What do I do?
A: Global Music Radio works on 4th generation iPods and iPhones only. If you have a 4th generation device, ensure that you have OS 4.2 or above. If you have OS 4.2, please report your issue here.
A: Compatible radio stations for the iphone/ipod/ipad device begin with http:// and most often ends with .pls. Windows Media Audio, Real Player, and Flash based players do not provide compatible radio station streams.
Some examples of compatible radio stations are:
Some examples of incompatible stations:
Q: How do I find compatible radio station URLs for Global Music Radio?
A: After navigating to your station's website, follow these steps:
- Search for any text or icon that allows you to listen to the live radio stream. Some examples of these are "Listen Now" or a Winamp or iTunes icon.
- Click the link to the audio stream and a prompt window should open to ask you to open the file with iTunes. Proceed to open with iTunes.
- If the station is not playing in iTunes, then it is not compatible for Global Music Radio. If the station is playing, proceed to step 4.
- Right-click on the station name and select "Get Info."
- Navigate to "Where" and a URL, then select "Edit URL" to copy the URL and then paste into our Add a Station form.
Q: Why can't I find my favorite station?
A: There can be various reasons why you cannot find your favorite station or some popular station. Most likely, your station is not in a compatible streaming format for Global Music Radio. If you know it is based on the information above, please add your station now!
Q: Do I need to upgrade my app to access new radio stations?
A: No. Radio stations are saved in a database and updated on the back-end so that the app gets updated automatically with every new submissions. Global Music Radio listeners can enjoy new stations seamlessly!